|Project Title:||GES Arena|
|Name of Organization:||Tung Wah Group of Hospitals|
|Grant Approved:||HKD$ 1,500,000|
|Project Duration:||5/7/2010 – 4/7/2012 (2 years)|
|Target Groups:||for young people aged 15-24 with education attainment at Form 5 or below mainly|
|Location of the Project:||all districts|
- With the concerted efforts of tripartite collaboration amongst Government, Businesses and Community, GES Arena provides a platform of diversified training in design and production, on-the-job training and employment opportunities mainly for young people aged 15-24 with education attainment at Form 5 or below. The project enriches skills as well as experience in design and production of young people so as to enhance the social capitals.
- Apprenticeship: the project has recruited volunteer mentors from different businesses and professions in design and production. They may transfer their knowledge and share their life experience through mentoring and coaching.
- Enjoyment of learning: the project enables young people to better understand themselves and their work aptitudes through the training courses in design and production and on-the-job training opportunities.
3. Expected Outcomes and Performance Indicators:
- Change: the project will create 250 training opportunities and 168 on-the-job training opportunities and employment opportunities. 140 young people will successfully find their jobs or continue their study and 70 young people will understand themselves more through the mentoring and coaching.
- Fostering Opportunities: the project provides on-the-job training and employment opportunities for young people through cross-sectoral collaboration.
4. Brief Description of Programmes
- Young people can enrich skills in design and production and understand themselves more through the training courses, on-the-job training, employment, mentoring and coaching. Besides, some courses are entitled to a training allowance from YPTP.
5. Unique Feature and Areas of Innovation
- The volunteer mentors from different businesses, freelancer and professions in design and production may transfer their knowledge and share their life experience through mentoring and coaching to the next generation.
- The project enables young people to better understand themselves while enriching their job skills and experience so as to enhance their employability and the social capital.